Tuesday 11 October 2011

Giving Thanks

We were on the bus to Kitsilano and accidentally got off at the wrong stop, and we ran into some Lethbridge folk that Dan went to school with! What a lovely coincidence. They invited us for a potluck "nut free, soy free, gluten free, Thanksgiving extraVEGANza". I must admit I was guilty of thinking...what the heck am I going to make? Or more importantly what the heck are we going to eat? I loved the irony...it must be the same feeling meat eaters have when inviting us veggies over! That soon passed, as I am very used to vegans with allergies.
Sweet Candy Striped beets are so yummy!
 
 Pumpkin Soup
The soup turned out amazing! If anyone is looking to make an easy soup with their left over pumpkin puree, you should try this. Just saute garlic and onions add cut up cauliflower add a can of coconut milk, pumpkin puree, Asian five spice (cinnamon, clove, fennel, anise seed, ginger, licorice root) and yellow curry powder and if you would like some protein add some chickpeas a little water and some salt. Yum Yum!!


 We had such a lovely evening, almost everyone there was from Lethbridge! So we spent the majority of the evening reminiscing on how great L.A is! I know, I know...how can I live in Vancouver and lament over Lethbridge?? I miss all the wonderful friends, the studio, Sparks, and the easy drive to Calgary to see family. Anyways, Elijah had a fabulous time being passed around to all the pretty ladies and taking turns falling asleep in their arms. We had an amazing meal, followed by some fab gluten free pumpkin pie!

 
I am Thankful for...
 blue skies and my little man...
autumn leaves ...

and our new little family...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

No comments:

Post a Comment