Thursday 17 November 2011

Four months and counting...

Elijah is now four months old! He is weighing in at 17 lbs and 13oz (with clothes and diaper) and is 64cm long. Everyone told me that we would see a big change at four months, but I did not expect it to happen so suddenly. Our little man can now play with and grasp toys, it is so cute to watch him throw plastic rings across the table and shove his squeaky toys in his mouth. He is getting fairly drooly now, and enjoys his night time routine of drenching our shoulder as we rock him to sleep.

Elijah had his first visit to the doctor (as we were seeing the midwifes before), and we totally lucked out with an AMAZING doctor. She is a recent graduate at the UBC clinic and is doing her practicum, she spent over an hour with us, answered my plethora of questions, and really gave Elijah a proper checkup. She did ask us of Elijah was rolling over yet...hmmm "no not yet " I replied. I thought to myself...that must be a milestone for his age or she would not have asked, I also had that dumb mom moment of...why can he not roll over yet?! So we came home and I put him down on his tummy on a blanket and explained to him that cousin Clara did everything early so he better hurry up and roll. Dan started to work at the computer and I stared to chat with my sister on gmail...and we turned around and Elijah was on his back. Apparently he rolled for the first time and we both missed it! Oh man!! So we put him on his tummy again and he graced us with a three part roll, belly- to side -to back. Yeah! Oh and we cannot forget that he also laughed on his own accord (without us making silly faces, sounds, or our usual laugh invoking antics). I was ripping packing tape off a cardboard box and it was making a terrible noise and I was get frustrated and well Elijah laughed at me! He apparently thought it was quite amusing. We are proud of you little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment